[WikiEN-l] Original research

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Sat Mar 25 01:19:55 UTC 2006

Keith D. Tyler wrote:

>2. I call Boeing Field on the phone and ask them how many planes fly in and out
>every day.

Thanks, but no thanks. This has all kinds of verifiability problem -
who answers the phone? Are they working from records, or BSing you
from memory so as to get you to hang up and stop bothering them?
What if I call them later, and get a different answer; do I delete
your number as out of date, or start accumulating a long list of
answers from random phone calls?

There are millions of good print resources in the world; I'd be
happy if people actually finished the job of representing their
content in WP, rather than fool around with marginal cases.

Stan