[WikiEN-l] False accusations of Sock Puppetry by Ambi, David Gerard etc

Darren Ray darrenkray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 21:12:35 UTC 2006

Dear Wikipedians,

Yesterday, I was blocked from using Wikipedia on the grounds that I am a
sockpuppet master of two accounts, 2006BC and AChan.

There is a big problem with this. They are two living, breathing people who
had previously already identified themselves on their user page and
elswehere.

They have both already complained about this separately although Ambi, her
friend David Gerard and others are sticking to their guns despite the
absurdity of their position being pointed out. Ambi is a former member of
the Arbitration Committee, and her friend David Gerard seems enjoy a similar
high position. Has anyone else had experience of dealing with these people?

I don't know what to do other than to request to be unblocked but it seems
that there is little likelihood of justice being done.

Ambi had previously filed a Request for Arbitration against me and I was
going to respond with one relating to her abusive conduct and POV editing.

I would appreciate any ideas people had about what to do. My knowledge of
Wikipedia policies is pretty good in theory but has clearly come up short in
practice as I have been completely banned for no good reason.

Thank you

Darren Ray