[WikiEN-l] Original research

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 15:12:08 UTC 2006

On 3/24/06, Steve Block <steve.block at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> Okay, but imagine you have one blog, which describes said blogger doing
> a, b and c.  Is that permissable?  Because if it is, then it's
> permissable to game Wikipedia, to my mind, in that anything documented
> online is fair game.

No, of course it's not. Blogs aren't generally good sources anyway - I
was just ignoring that fact for convenience :)

> To my mind, a novel narrative is one that can not be verified
> independent of the events themselves.

Well, I don't see that any "narrative" can be "verified" as such,
other than by reference to someone who's already published it. "Novel"
I would restrict to something controversial...

Steve