[WikiEN-l] Original research

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 13:19:31 UTC 2006

On 3/24/06, Steve Block <steve.block at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> If reliable sources can't be cited, does that make the information
> original research?  I mean, I can document periods of my life citing my

Depends what "can't" means. Information that has been published, but
for which you do not have access to the source, is not original
research.

> website and other online sources, but those aren't reliable, are they?
> Therefore I'm creating original research, aren't I?

Arguably yes, but that's more of a collateral damage case than what
WP:NOR is really trying to prevent. The information would more likely
be removed for violating WP:V.

(as I understand it)

Steve