[WikiEN-l] Next step in "fair use" cleanup?

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 08:58:27 UTC 2006

On 3/24/06, KWH <k.w.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> The decision is quite simply: "if I decide to take this article and
> edit it, and there is an image included in the previous version, do I
> want to include it in my version? Do I feel comfortable with the
> source and fair use justification? Would I feel better if I removed or
> replaced it, and why?" Life's much easier when you consider it in that
> light.

Making Wikipedia editors for the entire contents of any article they
edit would be a major, unwelcome change IMHO. Not just on the fair use
side, but even implying that editors have necessarily read, let alone
approved an entire article is unreasonable, when they may just be
adding an interwiki link or fixing some spelling, for example.

Steve