[WikiEN-l] Next step in "fair use" cleanup?

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 22:41:45 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, jkelly at fas.harvard.edu <jkelly at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>   I think that this is largely true.  My suggestion was meant to be more
> conservative, in that it would only expedite deletion of media where we are
> saying "This is fair use", and it is being used in an article, but we have no
> rationale whatsoever.

Fair enough.  Is it required that the original uploader provide the
fair use rationale, or can someone else?  If we require the original
uploader, that might be a problem.  If you're not the original
uploader, but provide a rationale, are you thereby assuming
responsibility for a copyright lawsuit?

-Matt