[WikiEN-l] ROUGE ADNMIN - the game

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 03:00:02 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Tim Starling <t.starling at physics.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> David Gerard wrote:
> > http://common-lisp.net/project/lifp/rouge.htm
>
> I went on a deletion rampage and scored 998 rouge with -997 karma before eventually meeting my
> demise in a wheel war against an angry admin. What I want to know is, why didn't Jimbo show up to
> save the day? Not very realistic if you ask me.
>
> -- Tim Starling

Most wheel wars are not ended by jimbo intervention. With the current
setup an admin is enough to stop a deletion spree (Just sit on the
block page reblocking them every few seconds). In the past deadmining
has generaly fallen to devs and perhaps stewards (I think there was a
case over at the hebrew wikipedia).

In terms of realism welcomeing newbies was overstated in importance
and takeing down vandals understated.

Rouge admin could make an interesting RPG. Perhaps someone familia
with GURPS could come up with something.

--
geni