[WikiEN-l] Philosophical question re sources

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 16:57:20 UTC 2006

But we can note, if it is true, that it is not currently adopted by
any authorities, that no tests of it have been done, and that it has
been soundly ignored by experts in the field.

It's not easy to define what is or is not a "consensus" in a field
(the lack of published controversy does not indicate consensus at
all), people with a reasonable familiarity with the literature of a
field can usually give a good sense of how something has been received
or ignored or what-have-you.

I think the fact that this hasn't been taken up by any recognized
experts in the subject is a verifiable fact, and telling enough for
most people.

FF