[WikiEN-l] Philosophical question re sources

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 14:41:16 UTC 2006

On 3/21/06, Mikkerpikker <mikkerpikker at gmail.com> wrote:

> > We don't "prove" anything. We just take his claim out of the article.
> >
> > Ryan
>
> I think the point is we *can't* simply take the claim out because it
> satisfies [[WP:V]]. And since there are no rebuttals that does satisfy
> [[WP:V]] the article in question becomes POV by virtue of the fact
> that there are no views cited to challenge it.

We don't have to include every view merely because we can verify that
someone, somewhere holds that view.   Even if policy supports that (and I
strongly suspect it doesn't; see "undue weight"), that would be damaging the
article for the sake of process. Which is something we don't do on
Wikipedia.

Ryan