[WikiEN-l] Primary sources

Jonathan dzonatas at dzonux.net
Mon Mar 20 20:37:00 UTC 2006

The use of secondary sources gives us the breadth to mention primary
sources that give us the depth to an article. There is no mandatory
order in which they appear as long as the order in which they appear is
appropriate to the objective. It appears we agree about this with the
use of different words to describe it. The use of secondary sources to
rule out primary sources is equivocal, not that the primary source is
useful to trump the secondary source, but it adds further to the breadth
and depth to have them all referenced neutrally -- even if one gets more
attention than the others. Another words, there is no need to limit the
article to only "the truth." Articles should cover relevant details of
knowledge used to arrive at a truth or truths.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." -
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Carl_Sagan - "Baloney Detection Kit"
http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/tps-seti/baloney.html

Jonathan