[WikiEN-l] List moderation (Re: Blocking policy violation)

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 14:14:01 UTC 2006

On 3/20/06, Matt Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> That we advertise in a few places that you can post here if you're
> having a problem.  E.g. on the message blocked users get - I believe
> it informs them if they believe themselves blocked in error, they can
> ask here to get unblocked.

Sure, but asking them to subscribe first isn't a big deal is it? Or is
the list supposed to be used simply as a "tell all the admins about my
problem, one of them will get back to me" deal? Wouldn't some other
means (like an actual mailing list of admins) be more efficient? It's
sometimes a bit odd when in the midst of interesting discussions about
policy or the future of Wikipedia or whatever, you suddenly get 3
messages along the lines of "I got blocked just for trying to tell the
truth no fair!"...

Steve