[WikiEN-l] Captcha word quiz

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Mar 19 20:44:08 UTC 2006

On 18 Mar 2006 at 14:42, Philip Welch <wikipedia at philwelch.net> wrote:

> You have images turned off in your browser? Are you using Netscape
> 4.7 or something?
>
> There are many important features waiting for our developers to
> implement. Supporting 1990's era web browsing is not one of them. I
> suggest you use a modern browser to browse Wikimedia sites in the
> future.

Wikipedia is the last site I'd expect to be telling people "Get a
better browser, loser!"  What are you going to do next, add user-
agent sniffing to turn people away if they're not using the right
browser, resolution, or operating system?

Anyway, Firefox and the Mozilla/SeaMonkey Suite, to name a couple of
fully modern browsers, offer the configuration option to disable
images.

--
== Dan ==