[WikiEN-l] Captcha word quiz

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 11:29:24 UTC 2006

On 3/19/06, Philip Welch <wikipedia at philwelch.net> wrote:
> year old software, we're not the ones being unreasonable. If we
>...used AJAX extensively, that
> would be silly and unreasonable.

No, that would be cool. I was kind of hoping someone would do that
actually. You know how on various sites, you click a "reply" button,
and an edit box just appears without redrawing the entire screen?
That's how Mediawiki should work when you click "edit" on a section.
You know how in Gmail, you can click "compose" and the compose screen
comes up instantly? That's how Mediawiki should work when you click
"history" on a page.

Of course, a fall back method, such as that proposed by Gmail is only
right and fitting. But AJAX would kick arse.

Steve