[WikiEN-l] Help me!

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 07:33:26 UTC 2006

On 3/17/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> I'd say this one is going to close as no consensus:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_...For_Dummies_books
>
> So, friends, can you help me to find merit in this article?  To be
> reconciled to the existence of what up to now I am unable to see as
> anything other than an absurdity?  Or is Tony right, and AfD is
> fatally borken?

Merit, you say? Imagine this: There's an article about the Dummies
series itself. Imagine this article makes a claim like "Most books are
now about lifestyle rather than technical subjects". By linking to the
actual list you could form your own impression.

I don't totally accept the "It's on the publisher's website, we don't
need to duplicate it" argument. Is the publisher's website going to be
published on the Wikipedia 1.0 website? Is it going to be printed? etc
etc.

No, I don't see a *lot* of merit in this article. But I don't see that
Wikipedia would be much better off without it either. (Assuming it's
not a copyvio).

Steve