[WikiEN-l] Retrieving article deleted for NN

Keith Old keithold at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 17:46:15 UTC 2006

On 3/16/06, Steve Bennett <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>   An article dear to my heart (well, more an article about a subject
> dear to my heart) has apparently recently deleted for non-notability.
> Although I actually agree with that designation, I suddenly sympathise
> with anyone who's had an article deleted! Particularly some of the
> (good faith) remarks made on the AfD page like "Delete. It still
> amazes me some of the topics that people think are notable." -
>
> Just wondering whether it's possible for me to get the content (and if
> possible, history) of the article back? There are probably more
> appropriate places to host it. Or maybe even trim it down and merge it
> into some other article.
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Engineering_Music_Society
>
> Steve

Steve,

I was one of those people who voted to delete this article and I stand by
the vote although I sympathise with you.

You could go to Deletion review. However, I suggested in the discussion that
the subject could warrant a brief mention on the University of Melbourne
article. However, unless it had members who went on to have notable musical
careers or had some other form of impact on the wider world, I don't think
it warrants a standalone article.

Regards

Keith Old