[WikiEN-l] Page protection vs. semi-protection

nwilkins at bu.edu nwilkins at bu.edu
Wed Mar 15 14:46:58 UTC 2006

>On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:08:53 +0000, you wrote:

>>> Personally, I find this thread about admin authority quite interesting.
>>> Especially as it coincides with [[Patrick Alexander (cartoonist)]] returning to
>>> [[WP:DRV]].

>>Its deletion and confirmation were a very good example of our
>>brain-dead deletion process.

Wed Mar 15 12:10:00 UTC 2006
Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:

>That's one way of looking at it.  Or you could assume good faith.
>Guy (JzG)

Wed Mar 15 12:52:44 UTC 2006
Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:

>Incidentally, did you look at the history of the user who kept
>re-creating the article?

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/DollyD
>http://tools.wikimedia.de/~interiot/cgi-bin/contribution_tree?namespace=0&user=DollyD&dbname=enwiki_p

>And these kinds of edits:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Patrick_Alexander&diff=34286252&oldid=34236527

>Which naturally arouses suspicions, good faith aside.
>Guy (JzG)

The recreations were, if I remember correctly, far from the POV job reverted by
Gaius Cornelius in the diff you give there.  And, at the time of the recreation,
the AfD page on the article said that the closing decision was "Keep"--the
article had been deleted without any explanation of why.  You can lambast me all
you want for closing that whilst not being an admin (that experience, of course,
being what makes this thread about admin authority so interesting to me).  But I
find it hard to dismiss an assumption that DollyD was, in good faith, attempting
to create an article about someone she thought deserved one.  Especially so soon
after your own good advice to Tony about assuming good faith.

-- Jonel