[WikiEN-l] more WP:OFFICE shenanigans

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 08:58:54 UTC 2006

On 3/14/06, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> No Polish nationalists editing articles on Poland.  No strong religious
> believers (or strong atheists) editing articles on religion.  Etc.
>
> All do have some degree of merit---I would be more skeptical of an
> article on Christianity written by the Pope than I would be of one
> written by someone relatively neutral.  But are we actually going to
> have policies like that?

Eh? I would be skeptical of an article on Christianity that had never
been touched by a Christian. I would be skeptical of an article on the
Israeli-Palestinian conflict that had never been touched by an Israeli
(or a Palestinian) for that matter.

The point is, you're saying "written" and I'm saying "touched". We
generally don't have articles "written" by one person - lots of people
stick a hand in and shape the article a bit. Particularly obnoxious
editors may have a large influence, but generally the overall result
takes into account the different influences fairly well.

Steve