[WikiEN-l] Page protection vs. semi-protection

guru brahma wikibra at yahoo.co.in
Tue Mar 14 09:31:19 UTC 2006

I am sorry to say this, but it appears ridiculous to classify admins as a separate class of users. Being an admin doesn't give any extra "editing" privileges. The privileges that we get as admins may be at the most abused to prevent someone from doing something - blocking, protecting etc but do not give a free rein. Also, WP:AN takes care of violations asap. I believe admins are same as other users - only difference being that those afflicted with adminitis would feel that "all users are equal but admins are more equal than others."

  Regards,
  Gurubrahma