[WikiEN-l] Phone calls

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Tue Mar 14 02:18:59 UTC 2006

> On 3/14/06, Anthony DiPierro <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> > Surely there can't be enough sleeper accounts to keep this up for very
> > long.  Maybe I'm wrong here, though.  I always thought it was strange
> > that there was no minimum number of edits factored into the
> > semi-protection criteria.
> >

> I'm not going to go into exact details but yes it is posible to have a
> large number of sleeper accounts. Not easy but posible

Fair enough.  I think it should be possible to set things up so that
the sleeper accounts would have to contribute far more than they can
mess up before getting blocked, but maybe you're right that this can
never be protected against.

> > Good point.  I was thinking of articles, but I can see why you might
> > want to protect some administrative pages.
>
> I was more thinking the main page.

And I was specifically avoiding *that* argument :).

> > > multi participant edit war particularly for three or more
> > >
> > Wouldn't it be better to block the edit warriors?
> >

> Can't. They will stay within policy. Blocking won't help anyway since
> they can't disscuss while blocked.

I thought edit warring was in itself against policy.

Actually, forget that phrasing.  I *know* edit warring is in itself
against policy.  I've been told as much by Jimbo himself.

As for not being able to discuss while blocked, so what?  They can
discuss after the block is over.  Or maybe some other editors will
have come up with a solution in the mean time.

Anthony