[WikiEN-l] Phone calls in office

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 20:18:00 UTC 2006

On 3/13/06, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> What would be lovely is if we could magically create some OTRS-like
> system for phone calls. But that just wouldn't work...

Well, I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but where I used to work, we
did exactly that. When things got busy, we put more people on the
phones who simply took down details, they went into the equivalent of
the OTRS (god that thing needs a decent, comprehensible name...), and
were returned by support staff in chronological order. Worked ok. But
not the same line of business.

Steve