[WikiEN-l] Few questions...

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 09:47:12 UTC 2006

NSLE (Wikipedia) wrote:
<snip>
> Secondly, I'd like to point people to this post from the Wikipedia Review:
> http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=204&view=findpost&p=1214
> Should we tighten things up a bit at R/D fAdmin? Sure, it isn't wt it's all
> made out to be, but with admin powers in the wrong hands it, hypotheticaly
> speaking, could go pear-shaped.

Supposing their plan worked, and they didn't slip up, they would have
one or maybe two admin accounts in a few month's time. So what? The
"good guys" have:

- Jimbo
- The Board
- The developers
- >500 admins

on their side. Even if they *did* secure an Arbcom spot, it would not
greatly affect things; at some point they would start carrying out their
Evil Plan of Doom (TM) and would be forced to recuse themselves from
most cases they hoped to influence.

Besides which, if we get a few thousand good edits, and a few
half-decent admins (even if they *do* turn out to be evil) for a year,
who ultimately benefits? WE do!