[WikiEN-l] Don't remove a WP:OFFICE tag put there by Danny

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Sun Mar 12 23:42:13 UTC 2006

On 3/12/06, Michael Snow <wikipedia at earthlink.net> wrote:
> The Cunctator wrote:

> >>Current policy does not let anyone go "over the head" of editors and the
> >>Wikimedia Foundation does not deal with them in a "top-down manner".

> >>This is false.
> >>

> >Now I'm confused. Can you tell me which of the following is inaccurate
> >/ not true?
> >
> >1. Calling the Foundation to complain about Wikipedia is not an
> >officially recognized way to change content on Wikipedia.
> >

> This is the inaccurate statement. Contacting the Wikimedia Foundation
> with a complaint has been officially recognized as a way to address
> inappropriate content for as long as the organization has existed.
> That's why we have a designated agent, for example, as required by law.

The designated agent is there for takedown notices of copyright
infringements, and they have to be in writing, not over the phone.
Also, Jimmy has stated that most of the problems that people are
complaining over are not legal problems, but inaccuracy problems.

So, if I find an inaccuracy in Wikipedia, should I call up Danny?
What number should I use?  According to Jimmy's user page,
727-231-0101 is for press inquiries only, and other inquiries will be
ignored.  You'd think if there was an officially recognized way to
address inappropriate content over the telephone Jimmy would mention
it on his user page.