[WikiEN-l] Don't remove a WP:OFFICE tag put there by Danny

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 22:46:37 UTC 2006

On 3/12/06, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
> Forgot to add the connection between the above points and the "some
> articles having different policies" -- it's because appealing to the
> Foundation is not official policy, but is an unwritten and semi-secret
> method for getting changes to happen, only those who know about that
> avenue (or figure it out) get to use it -- creating the effective
> policy difference.

Yep, only those who know the secret back passage can get the number of
grandchildren in their article changed to its correct date. It seems
to me from what I've read that most of the changes that get made in
these cases are made as normal edits by Danny or someone. Only a very
small number of articles get the "office" treatment, and those are
publicly signposted.

No one has yet pointed out a case where this avenue has been abused,
either. That is, where an NPOV article become SymPOV due to threats by
lawyers etc.

So you're probably taking it a little too seriously.

Steve