[WikiEN-l] Don't remove a WP:OFFICE tag put there by Danny

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sun Mar 12 22:22:05 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote:

>Delirium wrote:
>

>>I didn't say anything quite that extreme, and contrary to Jimbo's
>>assumption, I'm not particularly angry about it either.  I'm just
>>worried that the current policy of letting some people go "over the
>>head" of editors by taking things to the Wikimedia Foundation, which
>>then deals with them in a top-down manner, will introduce systemic bias
>>into the encyclopedia.
>>

>Current policy does not let anyone go "over the head" of editors and the
>Wikimedia Foundation does not deal with them in a "top-down manner".
>

>> This leads to some articles having different policies
>>than other articles,
>>

>This is false.

Come on Jimbo, you're better than this.  The email quoted above just
consists of "ur wrong", with no suggestions as to why.  I must confess
to being as confused as The Cunctator as to what you mean by such
blatantly counterfactual assertions.

1) How is someone calling up the Wikimedia Foundation and getting a page
protected not going "over the head" of editors, and not acting in a
"top-down manner"?  Even if justified in some cases, it's clearly doing
just that.

2) You have explicitly stated that we ought to treat articles on living
people in a different manner than other articles.  Isn't that "some
articles having different policies than other articles"?

-Mark