[WikiEN-l] Ridiculous nomination for deletion

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 22:08:00 UTC 2006

On 3/12/06, Sean Barrett <sean at epoptic.org> wrote:
> I agree with geni (world to end soon; film at 11): Eclectick should not
> be blocked.  He's astoundingly ignorant and way too aggressive, but I
> still hope that careful raps with the cluebat will straighten him out.

Me2. I'm not an admin, and I have a somewhat utopian view of how they
should behave. But I would be cut as hell to be blocked for pure
stupidity or ignorance. Unless the guy showed wilful disregard for
procedure (as opposed to thinking that AfD was a good place to deal
with this stuff), or was a repeat offender, or refused to head
warnings etc etc.

I guess I don't like blocking. And I feel like people deserve a "you
will be blocked" warning at least. But I suppose adminning is
frustrating work too. So...(conclusion at 12:30, straight after Sean's
film).

Steve