[WikiEN-l] Don't remove a WP:OFFICE tag put there by Danny

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 21:18:48 UTC 2006

> Delirium wrote:
> > I didn't say anything quite that extreme, and contrary to Jimbo's
> > assumption, I'm not particularly angry about it either.  I'm just
> > worried that the current policy of letting some people go "over the
> > head" of editors by taking things to the Wikimedia Foundation, which
> > then deals with them in a top-down manner, will introduce systemic bias
> > into the encyclopedia.
>
> Current policy does not let anyone go "over the head" of editors and the
> Wikimedia Foundation does not deal with them in a "top-down manner".
>
> >  This leads to some articles having different policies
> > than other articles,
>
> This is false.

Now I'm confused. Can you tell me which of the following is inaccurate
/ not true?

1. Calling the Foundation to complain about Wikipedia is not an
officially recognized way to change content on Wikipedia.

2. Calls to the Foundation complaining about Wikipedia content have led to
a) edits to Wikipedia by Foundation staff
b) Blanking of Wikipedia articles by Foundation staff
c) Protection of Wikipedia articles by Foundation staff
d) Various combinations of the above

3. Actions listed above by Foundation staff are sometimes marked by
WP:OFFICE and any interference with such actions by any editor can
lead to revokation of editing/sysop rights.

If that is above, it seems like a reasonable interpretation of the
above is that people can go over the head of editors by taking things
to the Wikimedia Foundation, which then deals with them in a top-down
manner, with some articles having different "de facto" policies than
other articles. That's obviously an *interpretation*, but I have
trouble seeing how it's false.