[WikiEN-l] Don't remove a WP:OFFICE tag put there by Danny

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sun Mar 12 00:58:01 UTC 2006

G'day Mark,

> Steve Bennett wrote:
>>On 3/11/06, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
>>>No, powerful people are *not* given more deference.  If anything, people
>>>who are *not* powerful are given more deference.
>>
>>Heh, true, the most deference ever given to the subject of an article
>>lives in a nursing home and hadn't even complained!
>
> In that case, one of the overtly stated reasons for removing the article
> was that it could bring Wikipedia bad publicity.  So, while the subject
> may not be powerful, apparently there was a fear that it would offend
> other people who are.

"If I twist and turn enough, I can make this sound like we're the brave
little fighter trying to take it to The Man!  Oh, Jimbo, why won't you
let us take it to The Man?"

Please, Mark.  You're quite capable of making bloody good arguments; we
all seen you!  But this is just sad.  It doesn't matter what Jimbo will
say, does it?  No matter what, he's the pawn of corporate aggression ...

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"