[WikiEN-l] Don't remove a WP:OFFICE tag put there by Danny

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 18:20:50 UTC 2006

On 3/11/06, Anthony DiPierro <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> You've changed a lot from the early days.  What started out as a
> laissez faire "let the community decide for itself" attitude has grown
> more and more despotic over time.

Microsoft probably didn't have internal policies and procedure
documents when it was just Gates and his buddies working in their
apartment, either.

Jimbo seems to be demonstrating a responsible attitude in the face of
one of the few threats that could really hamper Wikipedia's continued
existence or growth. And at present, a grand total of one article is
"office protected". Think about the Seigenthaler incident...*anything*
that prevents that happening again is probably worthwhile, even if the
odd toe gets stepped on, and even if we do temporarily give in to
squeaky wheels.

My only question is...who *is* Danny, and why is he blessed with
surnamelessless?

Steve