[WikiEN-l] Don't remove a WP:OFFICE tag put there by Danny

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sat Mar 11 17:29:45 UTC 2006

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:25:23 +0000, you wrote:

>blanking or deleting the article= writeing off the work. Not a nice
>way to treat the previous writers. Telling them what is wrong might
>work better.

I think you've rather missed the point.  An office action is a quick
and temporary  fix for an immediate problem: there is a clear
implication that the problem will be solved by the community in the
usual way we solve problems of accuracy and balance.  After the
pressing problem has been fixed.

And if the complaint was frivolous or vexatious, or was simply a
misunderstanding, there is not much point in embarrassing whoever
complained.  It's not like it happens often enough to raise concerns
over abuse, even if we didn't trust Jimbo and Danny's discretion.
Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG