[WikiEN-l] Don't remove a WP:OFFICE tag put there by Danny

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 16:25:23 UTC 2006

> It is not just about legalities, but also about common human courtesy
> and good customer service.  If you are thinking of this as "the
> foundation against the community" then you're not thinking of it in the
> way that I'm thinking of it, so let me explain further.

The people we are writeing articles about are not customers.

> What should we do in such a case?  Well, our fundamental goal *as a
> community* is to write a really great encyclopedia.  Being jerks toward
> people who have their feelings hurt *and* who know nothing about how we
> operate, does not strike me as a very useful way to respond.

No. Explaining how things work is probably the best responce.

> Rather, we should respond quickly and politely to their concerns,
> including in most cases, *blanking or deleting the article* and
> *starting over*, being *extremely* careful as a community to get all the
> facts right, to strike a fair and neutral tone, and to cite sources even
> more extensively than normal.

blanking or deleting the article= writeing off the work. Not a nice
way to treat the previous writers. Telling them what is wrong might
work better.

It is a bit difficult to tell how many references [[Jack Thompson
(attorney)]] had since two different systems were being used but it
was probably over 100 (absolute minium=99). how many do you want?

> That's what WP:OFFICE is all about -- good customer service.

I seem to recall the justification was something to do with legal
worries. Are you stateing that is not the case?

> Ideally, it should be thought of as an action that could and should be
> taken by any good Wikipedian in the face of a bad article.  A very firm
> "blank and rewrite with proper cites" is a perfectly valid move for
> articles like this.

/Temp exists for such purposes. Outright blanking is pretty much
garenteeded to be reverted.
--
geni