[WikiEN-l] [WikiEn-l] Image tagging followup

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Fri Mar 10 20:38:35 UTC 2006

Mark Wagner wrote:

>On 3/10/06, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com> wrote:
>
>>Mark Wagner wrote:
>>

>>>Untagged images: 67 of 500 images had no templates whatsoever on them.  Less
>>>than half that number had been tagged as "no source" or "no license".  I get
>>>the feeling that the image-tagging project is falling behind here.
>>>

>>We're still catching up! People are crunching lists going back to
>>last summer, not what was uploaded yesterday. 67 untagged per day
>>is easily dealt with in an hour, if those are the only images needing
>>tagging. Another proposal is to autoschedule new untagged uploads
>>for deletion.
>>

>There were 1866 images uploaded on that day.  I only checked about
>quarter of them, so it's actually around 250-300 untagged images.  I
>could certainly modify OrphanBot to tag images with a blank image
>description page as "no source", but if there's content on the image
>description page (which is true for most of them), it takes a human to
>tell the difference between {{no license}} and {{GFDL-presumed}}.

I'd think you'd want a new tag {{untagged}} (yes, lots of
self-referential hilarity potential), so that you're not expressing
an opinion on any information already on the page. And if the bot
drops a note on the talk page within a day, then many of the new but
legit uploaders can go back and do the fixup work themselves.

Stan