[WikiEN-l] [WikiEn-l] Image tagging followup

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 19:22:56 UTC 2006

On 3/10/06, Steve Bennett <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, assume some *do* care, can't we come up with some summary like
> "for fair use, you have to be actually talking about the image itself
> - not just the subject depicted in the image" or something?

Even that is not exactly true.  Fair use is a very grey area.  There
are fair use uses outside criticism and commentary; it's just that
those are some of the more clear-cut ones, and some of the ones that a
commercial re-user of our content have more chance of also being able
to use in defense.

-Matt