[WikiEN-l] [WikiEn-l] Image tagging followup

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 19:08:16 UTC 2006

On 3/10/06, Mark Wagner <carnildo at gmail.com> wrote:
> See my point #1: the average uploader doesn't care.  A summary such as
> "If the owner of this image doesn't agree that it's fair use, I agree
> to be sued for copyright infringement" might work.  I don't think
> anything less blunt would get the message across.

Ok, assume some *do* care, can't we come up with some summary like
"for fair use, you have to be actually talking about the image itself
- not just the subject depicted in the image" or something? IANAL. I
have to admit that fair use has always been a bit of a mystery to me
as well - particularly in a university context it often gets
interpreted as something like "don't take too much, and don't do it
too publicly, and you'll be right".

Steve