[WikiEN-l] [WikiEn-l] Image tagging followup

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 09:05:51 UTC 2006

On 3/10/06, Mark Wagner <carnildo at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3) People don't understand "fair use".  The vast majority of uploaders think
> "fair use" means "I think it's fair that this Wikipedia article should be
> illustrated", while those who are aware that it's part of copyright law tend
> to have mistaken ideas, such as "educational use" allows anything.

I agree. Is there a way to provide a very quick summary to anyone
using this tag?

Also, a possible technical solution: force the uploader of a fair-use
image to specify which article it's to be used for, and prevent it
being used in other articles. Can a fair use image often be
legitimately used in different articles?

Steve