[WikiEN-l] Download history tool?

Nathaniel Sheetz spangineer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 05:40:17 UTC 2006

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but one of the history animation
tools might do the trick.  I've used them before to view how an article
changes with each edit.  They're listed at [[WP:TOOLS]], and one of them is
at http://phiffer.org/projects/wikipedia-animate/ .

Spangineer / Nathaniel

On 3/8/06, Steve Bennett <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Wondering if there is a simple tool which would allow me to download
> the diff history of an article, preferably in some concise and human
> readable format. I'm trying to watch an edit war, and need a bit of
> help understanding all the additions and removals. In particular, I'd
> like to know if there are any sneaky changes getting in under the
> radar (like when someone partially reverts an edit).
>
> I'd really like to avoid touching a database dump if at all possible :)
>
> Steve

Nathaniel C. Sheetz
http://www.personal.psu.edu/ncs124