[WikiEN-l] Guardian interview to appear Monday

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 16:57:51 UTC 2006

> So the main message was: we're not Britannica, but we're better than
> *anything* else readily available on the web. "We make the Web not
> suck." And we're actually good and useful as a reference work *right
> now*.

"Admitting" that our main competitor is a paper encyclopedia with over
a century of brand leadership is good.  It shows the potential reader
that we're aiming high but are aware that we have a way to go.

I also like the bit about being cheaper than the Encyclopedia
Galactica and having the words "Don't Panic" in large, friendly
letters on the cover.