[WikiEN-l] [WikiEn-l] Image license tags

Kat Walsh mindspillage at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 14:16:02 UTC 2006

On 3/8/06, Mark Wagner <carnildo at gmail.com> wrote:

> The "CopyrightedFreeUseProvidedThat" tag is a problem: of the seven images
> so tagged, two of them had decidedly non-free "provided that" clauses,
> forbidding modification and commercial use.

This holds with what I've seen... the majority of the
"CopyrightedFreeUseProvidedThat" images that I've seen are not free
(some are "provided that this image not be used for commercial use"!)
-- enough so that I wonder if it wouldn't be better to get rid of the
template altogether and ask the copyright holders of the other images
to license under CC-BY.

-Kat

--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mindspillage | (G)AIM:LucidWaking
"Once you have tasted flight you will always walk with your eyes cast