[WikiEN-l] The admin problem

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 05:14:38 UTC 2006

On 3/8/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, I don't know; first there were the Inclusionists, Deletionists

Pro-content and Pro-encylopedists

> and
> Mergists; then there were the "joke parties" like the
> AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTD; then the ultra-conservative nuts like the
> Association of Moral Wikipedians, Wikipedians for Decency, and finally
> the Catholic Alliance of Wikipedia...

You will note these parties are for the most part single issue and
there is nothing to stop you joining more than one of them.

> ...and now, while the people who still take the ADW and AIW seriously
> are largely confined to AFD/DRV (where they've become anally retentive
> process fetishests), two new powers have emerged: the Pro- and Anti-
> Userboxes camps.

Two much simplifaction. The process fetishests and anti-process groups
are also around and involved in the conflict alough pinning them down
to ether side can be tricky (probably favouring the pro userpage
freedom group at the monement since they have mostly stayed within
policy (admitedly with some interesting interpritations) unlike the
template namespace presivation group

--
geni