[WikiEN-l] Arbitrary Block

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 12:17:52 UTC 2006

<silaslynch at aol.com> wrote in message
news:8C80AEA0A7FB81D-1638-791C at MBLK-M39.sysops.aol.com...
> My username, user:Please Don't Block, has been banned from editing
> on wikipedia either for having an inappropriate username or for
> "vandalism." I encourage any administrator to look into my editing
> history (which includes numerous excellent edits), I have vandalized
> no one's page. I left a comment at someone's userpage that offended
> another user, and therefore I was blocked. However, leaving unpleasant
> comments is not banned according to wikipedia policy. My username is
> additionally not offensive. I demand to have the block removed
> immediately or some explanation as to why I am blocked.

If you were to walk around your local neighbourhood with a sign on your back
saying "please don't throw stuff at me", how long do you think it would be
before some wag threw something at you, and how much explanation for their
actions would you require?

How long do you think it would take you to explain to such authorities as
you might try to invoke in your favour why you were doing such a silly
thing?

HTH HAND
--
Phil