[WikiEN-l] Rumours of my death are mildly exaggerated.

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 09:46:08 UTC 2006

"Jay Converse" <supermo0 at gmail.com> wrote in
message news:6b397ba40603031330i2f3e88c7j9c6fef41caf39e71 at mail.gmail.com...
> On 3/3/06, Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com>
> wrote:
>> Bel Lowe wrote:
>> > The plaque proposal has
>> > evolved slowly through the day and now looks like -- guess what,
>> > everybody!
>> > -- a <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Jordanhill_commemoration>
>> Well, the best suggestion there (by [[User:Cherry blossom tree]])
>> has been to put up, not an engraved plaque with the wording,
>> but a chalkboard...
> Okay, wait, wait, wait, wait, what?  Aren't we going a little overboard
> here?  This is like putting a plaque in a New York subway station saying
> "The 500th episode of Law and Order was filmed in this station."

At King's Cross station, there is a plaque showing the "location" of
Platform 9-3/4:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King%27s_Cross_station#Harry_Potter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:KingsCrossStationTrolley.JPG
...and apparently they have had people trying to push their trolleys through
the wall (this has not been helped by some wag adding a half-trolley as can
be seen in that picture :-)
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]