[WikiEN-l] Unfair Block

Kash kash.karimi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 15:38:16 UTC 2006

Hello fellow Wikipedians and administrators,

I would like to invite all the subcribers to the list to know about an
on-going disputes which have
resulted to me getting blocked.

Problems have started by a conflict of opinions and ideologies between
Iranian Wikipedians and
some few Kurd contributers.

The problems were reported to the incident board, and can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#User:Aucaman_and_User:Heja_helweda_and_User:Diyako

These users have tried to push their POV and creating much hassel for
Iranian Wikipedians as they
have put up dispute tags on many Iranian articles, as mentioned on the
incident board, most importantly
on the "Iranian peoples" and "Persian people" articles.

After user Aucaman's motives were questioned in the pretty much one-sided
mediation, which can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Mediation_Cabal/Cases/2006-03-02_Persian_people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Aucaman

Other users (the other two mentioned in the incident report beside Aucaman),
have decided to follow the same
agenda on the Iranian peoples article.

Now lets get down to the point: No admin seems to have taken part to do
anything on these issues, and instead I was blocked
because I tried to organise the disputes on the Iranian peoples' talk page.

The opposition (three Kurd (?) contributers) are trying their best to keep
these disputes up, even after clear arguments
by Iranian and non-Iranians have taken place in the Mediation link posted
above.

I think an admin should have warned me, and it was unfair of them to Block
me from Wikipedia for apparently 'blanking' the talk page.
The action referred to as blanking the talk page, can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Iranian_peoples&oldid=42137681

To conclude:

1- I would like an admin (or more admins) to look at the issue, and bring
about an end to the pointless mediation and disputes
2- I would like the admin to have a look at the articles mentioned, most
importantly Iranian peoples and Persian people and find out
the real motivation behind such disputes, which are on-going even though
hundreds of academic evidence have been provided by
both sides.
3- I would like to be un-blocked, I think me being blocked was unfair.
Although an apology would not be necessary, as I understand
my doing was perhaps wrong, but I was only warned by a user - after - I did
it (on my talk page), not by an admin, and I did not repeat
the offence. The admin blocking me could have checked the times, looked at
the situation, and could have made a better decision in
my opinion.
4- I would like admins to issue warnings to anyone they believe is doing
wrong, because if this is not sorted I think it will (and already has)
made many contributers quit Wikipedia because of huge amount of stress.
Which is not in the interest of Wikipedia, as we are all contributers
with a lot of knowledge to contribute.

I have a lot of other wiki pages as evidence to support for what I believe
is 'Anti-Iranian' action, and if you do look at the case properly
I believe you would understand that most Iranian and non-Iranian
contributers feel the same.

Thanks for your attention and have a lovely (wiki) day!

--
Kash Karimi
User:Khashayar Karimi