[WikiEN-l] Admin Power Abuse

Bacchante Maenad bacchante at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 12:00:55 UTC 2006

Almost immediately after creating account for what would be my first time
editing wikipedia an admin blocked me indefinitely.

username : Let's Get High And Edit Wikipedia
IP : 69.60.118.148
Reason given "stoner..." by
"*Freakofnurture<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Freakofnurture>"
*

This admin describes himself as pissed off and also proudly displays a
widget that says he does not do any drugs.  I had the impression, perhaps
wrongly so, that wikipedia was supposed to be more of an open atmosphere
where there isn't such a heavy hand with admin powers.  In other words, a
place where someone's first visit isn't met with an insult (stoner) by
someone claiming to be angry, pissed off and a judeofacist (whatever that
is, but it doesn't sound too nice).  I really do not see what the problem
with my username is.  It is silly, perhaps, but not offensive.

Thank you