[WikiEN-l] The admin problem

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 00:50:35 UTC 2006

On 3/4/06, David Gerard <fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:
> Fastfission (fastfission at gmail.com) [060304 09:15]:
> > On 3/3/06, David Gerard <fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:
>
> > > But how will you feel about it if that's the result anyway?
>
> > Process should be followed until it is clear that it does not work.
>

> How clear is clear?

Indeed.  We have an entire forum, Wikipedia:Deletion_review, which
eschews consensus in favor of numerical quotas and in general sees
itself as solely concerned with determining--not whether the right end
was achieved by the deletion process, but whether the end--right or
wrong--was achieved according to process.  In short, a big thumbs up
for means, and who cares if they end up resurrecting tripe or deleting
good stuff.

We're far gone down the path where process is reified and product is
neglected.  Time to draw back.