[WikiEN-l] Verifiability and Africa

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 16:30:47 UTC 2006

On 3/2/06, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:
> Too grim. What is a reasonable source varies with the subject.
>
> Fred
>
> On Mar 2, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Jon wrote:
>
> > To be blunt, which bit of saying that every bit of info must be
> > supported by a verifiable and reputable source is unclear?

The word "supported" is extremely ambiguous. This part of
verifiability is unarguable:
All information in Wikipedia must be directly verifiable, or have been
published in a verifiable and credible source.

What we've been arguing about is what to do if those sources are not
actually cited.

So, in your sentence does "supported" mean the sources must exist, or
they must be cited?

Steve