[WikiEN-l] Pity the admin....

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 23:03:05 UTC 2006

I'm not sure that info should go anywhere. Surely it's a fringe theory?

Anyway, I really don't get why some people are so obsessed with the sexual
orientation of celebrities and historical figures. What does it really
matter?

Besides, some of those will never have any conclusive proof. You could argue
Caesar was homosexual, but unless someone finds his diary tomorrow in which
he revealed all his secrets, you're never going to know. It's pointless to
debate someone's sexuality when it has absolutely no bearing on what they're
famous for.

Also, the word "homosexual" means the person described as such feels
attracted to people of the same sex (hence: it's a feeling). You can say he
kissed X and looked lovingly at Y, but none of it proves anything because it
says nothing about their feelings.

Bottom line. Even if Powell was gay, it doesn't make him a pedophile so why
should it be at all important to Scouting?

Unless the celeb in question open admitted their sexual preference,
speculation about the issue is totally pointless.

Mgm