[WikiEN-l] <ref> and {{reference}}

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:17:52 UTC 2006

On 3/1/06, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I cite sources? There is no clear, concise guide that I've been
> able to find.
>
> In short, can reference templates and the <ref> tag be used together?

Your question is apt. I can't wait until someone gets a movement going
to decide on One True Citation Method (TM). We have either three or
four currently...

IMHO, the ideal method of citation would allow you to do something like this:

body text [http://URL Url description here] some text <ref mylabel
Smith and Thomspon, p153> more text <ref mylabel> blah blah