[WikiEN-l] The admin problem

Jesse W jessw at netwood.net
Wed Mar 1 05:55:50 UTC 2006

I thank you for this statement of what happened.  Barring substantive
rebuttals of the facts you lay out, I find that I agree with you that,
while the goal was good, this was not rightly done.  I apologize for
having supported it without realizing this.  I still think ta bu was
acting in good faith, and doing what he felt was the best and only
course, but I now see that this was not correct; an annoucment - "I
believe that Wikipedia's use of TIME covers is invalid fair use for the
following reasons.", a week or so of time for comments, discussion
(either via an IfD, or simply as a freeform discussion), asking Jimbo
on eis talk page, rather than by email, *then* deleting the images,
would have been the right path to take.

Jesse Weinstein