[WikiEN-l] Dead wikipedians and how to really make a project boring to death

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Jul 30 07:38:24 UTC 2006

Anthere wrote:

>But seriously... is there a trend toward deletion of images under gfdl
>when the author name is missing ?
>
>If so, would not you consider adding "fields" of information when
>uploading an image, and making them mandatory. For example, author name,
>date and place of shot etc...

While there is a reasonable argument that can be made for including the
copyright owner's name, there are times when asking for the name of the
photographer makes no sense.  This was the case when Adam asked a
complete stranger to take his picture in front of a famous building.

The date of the shot should not be viewed as important.  If I have an
otherwise valid picture that I took about 20 years ago I have no idea of
the date.

Ec