[WikiEN-l] Dead wikipedians and how to really make a project boring to death

Sherool jamydlan at online.no
Sat Jul 29 13:55:15 UTC 2006

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:18:54 +0200, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 7/26/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I uploaded the picture of Treanna on the english wikipedia. It was the
>> picture he had on his user page. A bad image, but the only one we had
>> for him. Certainly an image which will never be reused by anyone. But an
>> image of Treanna.
>
> I've tagged the photo as fair use and delisted it from IfD.

You could at least *try* to explain why the image should be allowed to
stay as such even though it's blatantly against policy. Such as trying to
invode the "comunity consensus" exception clause in item #9 of the fair
use policy.

With the current explanation probided that image will most likely get shot
on sight the next time a "copyright patroller" who are not aware of this
debate notice the image.

I still say it would be better to just ask his family to re-release the
image with a more free license.

--
[[:en:User:Sherool]]