[WikiEN-l] Dead wikipedians and how to really make a project boring to death

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 02:05:26 UTC 2006

On 7/27/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I agree that allowing fair use in user space would be risky.
> Allowing ND or NC seems much less risky. And is a provision many people
> would feel like imposing on self-pictures.

NC and ND don't actually do what half the people who say they want
them think they do. What is 'commercial use'? What is a derivative
work?  How does the page that includes the image not manage to be a
derivative work, etc.

The simple fact that so many users would love to use such licenses for
their own work without considering the consequences is why we can not
permit them.